Monday, January 26, 2009

The Moments...

Quite the historic week..

  • Andrew sat and watched the inaguration with me and then proudly told his preschool teacher, " Miss Angie, did you know it was a very special day today? Do you want to know why? Barak Obama became the President of United States? Do you know why I know that? It's because there were no cartoons on today."

  • We finally got the garden planted. I realized quickly on Zachary was not going to be on the preferred list of helpers for this project. I had to plant in two minute shifts- I'd dash outside when he was distracted and plant the squash... then here comes my little helper.... distract him outside with something....mad dash to plant the cucumbers....mama mama mama.... oh quick distract him again.... Now if something actually grows it will be a miracle, we have yet to get things to grow and we are going on year four here. But it is always fun to try.

  • I put a sweater on this morning. I know many would give their right arm to go out in just a sweater at this time of year. But honestly, the January heat of 80 degrees is a little much, so I relish the days that I can put on one of my two warm sweaters!

  • Skype... what more can I say when I can talk to my sister or the kids to their grandparents and we can see each other. Even Zachary will wave to Jenny on the computer now. It helps heal the miles and the time we don't see each other.
  • Realizing Heavenly Father is aware of my needs ( even though at times I am not aware of it) I was released as Primary President in December- it had been 3 1/2 years, and I have really struggled with going to Relief Society the last month. I was called as a Temple Prep teacher in December ( which I really enjoy), but yesterday I was called to be the Stake Nursery Leader. I am very excited to be back in Primary! ( I honestly didn't think I would ever be at a point to admit this)

  • Steam Cleaners. I love my steam cleaner. My floors for two minutes are spotless. I don't have to use chemicals and everything is comes out beautiful.

  • Brandon scored a basket in his game.

  • We made it through a dinner out with all the kids without it becoming a hair-pulling nightmare. Taking the kids out really isn't bad if we don't have Z-man, but he just adds that one-year-old-can't-sit-still element which frankly generally ends up in a frustrating outing and the glance between Brian and I of why-did-we-just-do-this-to-ourselves look.
  • Brian's perspective. I generally have had enough of Zachary by 4:30- he is just whiny, clingy and screamy for a good part of the day. But Brian reminds me if this is the worst of my trials right now- then I should be one grateful mother. I agree.

Here's some pictures of the into everything 1 year old:


4 comments:

C.A.L.L.L.L. said...

I love these posts, Steph. Ordinary yet enjoyable.

Adrienne said...

Zachary is so cute! I didn't know he was so inquisitive! I love it. We are just starting our garden, I have never done one, so I should ask your advice! I am pretty sure it will not turn out like the pretty picture I have in my mind though!

Kleinmans said...

I seriously love reading your updates. You've inspired me to be better at writing more of our "moments" down! I miss my friend! How are you?

Anonymous said...

You know, when I finally got a girl for number 4 I mistakenly thought she would be easier. But she is also 1 and climbs into, onto and over EVERYTHING!!! I feel your pain AND your joy!!