Sunday, January 4, 2009

Joyful moments

One of my New Years Resolutions is to keep a better record of what happens in our loud, noisy and fun house. So many times I tell myself -oh you should write this down.... ( yes I know we have all said this to ourselves many times) so in an attempt to keep this resolution... the following post and those to come over the coming weeks and year are mostly for me ( just so it is written somewhere)

  • After sitting in NY traffic only going 10 miles in an hour and a half and haivng a panic attack in the back of the car thinking we were going to have to litterally run to get on the plane we found out the plane was delayed an hour and a half. We could feed the kids dinner and tire them out just a bit more.
  • Zachary is trying to perfect the art of dunking cookies in milk. I found him trying to dunk his cookie in the toilet. Thankfully it was clean and the soggy cookie never made it to his mouth.
  • Only three of us got the flu this week; not all six.
  • Brian cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen floor. Enough said.
  • I didn't have to plan or show up at the Primary Activity on Saturday, I could just drop my kids off like every other parent.
  • Taking Brandon to the grocery store with me. It doesn't happen very often that we get to spend one on one time like that very often.
  • Spending time with the Perkins on New Years Eve- we thoroughly enjoy their family and wonder why we get so caught up in the mundane that we don't spend more time together.
  • Being together with my family- since it isn't a common occurance- it is good when it happens
  • Seeing Dad laugh uncontrollably at the greatest Pax De Duex Christmas Present
  • Watching the boys jump in piles of leaves they had raked up- thier faces were all aglow- red cheeks and huges smiles as they went soaring into the leaves.
  • Playing in the snow.
  • Realizing the magic of Christmas is still alive.

No comments: