Monday, January 12, 2009

Joyful moments

  • Realizing some of the characteristics we are attempting to instill in our children are actually making it there. Andrew has been quietly doing nice things for others in the family this week. This child who can be a serious rascal also has an enormous heart and empathy at a young age. He came up to me this morning and said, " do you have to make your bed this morning?" Yes, I replied. " No you don't, " came his sweet voice, " I made it for you, so you know I love you."
  • The goodness of my children's Primary teachers. We were able to have an enjoyable and intelligent conversation over dinner regarding what they had learned yesterday. Thank you Angie, Brad, Susan and Adrienne- what you teach stays with them.
  • I recieved a package addressed just to me- usually packages are to my kids, especially when the return zip code is 11733 ( NY). Included in the envelope were two CD filled with some of the most glorious music, curtosey of my dad- the man who has the most diverse and extensive audio collection around. Magnificent sounds have filled the air the last two days. At times, yes I would even consider it heavenly.
  • The three words every wife loves to hear, " Let's get takeout" --- what did you think I was going to say :-)
  • Zachary's face when the washing machine starts- I wish everyone was as excited as he is about laundry. ( including me)
  • Matthews quiet arm pump when he made his first basket in his basketball game.
  • The faces of accomplishment as the boys learned to ride thier rollerblades down a hill.
  • Two fabulous desserts I made for a Bishopric Dinner, curtosy of thepioneerwoman.com; it was very satisfying to actually make something that turned out right! The chocolate pie and Peach Crisp come highly recommended by our house!

1 comment:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Good to have you start posting again! Hope New York was fun. Miss you and love your boys.