Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Grocery Stores

I'm sure the grocery stores you frequent are the same as ours- often running a promo such as by 10 items and get 'x' dollars off your bill. The other day I was in Fry's, as they have a pretty good deal running now so I bought my 20 items and then questioned the cashier as she mentioned the total to me, as it seemed a little more than I thought my items would be. She looked at me and said, "honey, you only bought 18 items..." Although my mind does sometimes head towards the absent- minded-mom- of - four-kids end of the spectrum, I CAN count to 20.

I did have three of the kids with me, plus one of the boys friends...but I was sure I had done my math. Her tone of voice was one of " Can't you do the math, lady...you've got all these boys with you...get it together.. you are wasting my time..." I calmly counted out the items to show her I was right, which I was- glad I got my college degree so I can count to 20 at the grocery store! Love those grocery store moments!!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Glad you still have the frame of mind to count to 20. I worry about myself, sometimes.

So, if the grocery store clerk couldn't count to 20, I wonder how many kids SHE has?

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Yeah - you showed up the "holier than thou" grocery store clerk. I hate the comment "you sure have your hands full." Whenever I reply "aren't I lucky" or the sort, I get looked at like I'm crazy. I kind of am.

Laurel said...

Don't you love it when they pull that attitude with you? Lovely. i hope you guiys had a great getaway to San Diego.